Thursday, June 10, 2010

Festival, Food, and Friends!

Thirty one years ago a young man called me on the phone explaining that he was a friend of my brother-in-law's and would like me to accompany him to the Festival in downtown Grand Rapids.  I didn't hesitate because my sister, Sandy, had met him and said that he was very nice. Kody was eight months old at the time and Sandy offered to stay with him while I was gone.

The following Saturday I was on my way to the Festival, a future re-marriage, a miscarriage, the saving grace of Jesus Christ, two more children, and discovering that I really was tucked safely deep inside the heart of a man that would work with me to create a marriage that could survive anything, and it has.  I was in for a pretty wild ride when I stepped into that young man's car on a beautiful summer day in 1978, but to be in love and loved the way that I am makes it all worth it!

Here we are at that same Festival, we went with our friends Steve and Garnette last Saturday and Steve
took our picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment