Monday, August 16, 2010

Summer Memories

I have spent a lot of precious time with our grandkids this summer.  I have noticed bugs, butterflies and the sound of crickets like never before.  I've been hugged, kissed and smiled at more times than I could ever count.  I've touched baby-soft skin and held small hands of various sizes.  I've kissed scraped knees, pinched fingers and sun-warmed hair. 

Recently, as I washed the beach sand from one of their little heads, I recalled as I have countless times before, my own children when they were small.  For a moment I stepped back into a treasured time when the days of summer were a blur of beach towells, bicycles, and picnic lunches in the yard.  Back to the excited sound of children's voices and enterprises like club house building and lemonade stands.  As you can see that was quite a long time ago!

1 comment:

  1. What a great picture! Both of them, actually. And what great writing. I remember that T-shirt. Didn't Dad get me that as a souvenir on one of our father-daughter camping trips?

    By the way, you always did a great job on my hair:)

    ReplyDelete