Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Out of Control

In this photo, Sharlet and Zion are patiently waiting for their turn to fish during a family picnic at Kody's farm a few weeks ago.  Sharlet seems to be saying, "It's out of our control, Zion, our older brothers are fishing first and we just have to accept it."  I have been learning a lot about acceptance this summer. 

As our time with Kayla and her family ticks away and the dreaded "good-byes" loom just around the corner, I am reminded how difficult acceptance can be.  We have had so much fun, made so many precious memories, and loved every minute that we were all together!  I will miss them all terribly, but it's out of my control, we have to say good-bye.  I know that God, who is in control, will continue to keep us all "heart- to-heart" close until our next reunion, just like He has always done before!









1 comment:

  1. I just want you to know that I LOVE this blog post. The pictures. The reflections. Most of all, the author:)

    I love you, Mom.

    ReplyDelete