Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Happy Anniversary Kayla and Daniel!

Eight years ago today a beautiful wedding was held at Dimnent Chapel on the campus of Hope College where my daughter graduated three weeks prior.  The wedding plans had been thoroughly thought through and everything was perfect, even the tulips were in bloom on that warm sunny day in Holland. 

For twenty-two years the beautiful bride gracing the Chapel that day had exceeded all my wildest dreams.  I watched a passionate little baby girl, crying one minute and laughing the next, grow into a young woman with that same deep passion for life.  Her whole heart joined her young man's that day and a marriage was born that I know she will honor for the rest of her life.  As a mother, her heart holds each child separately and tenderly.  Knowing they are all little individuals she studies them and yearns to be the best mom that she can be to each one.  Kayla, I've been sitting here on the sidelines of your life watching, praying, and cheering you on for a while now and though the long blond pony-tail that used to race around the soccer field is now all neatly tied up and out of the reach of small children, I am still in total amazement at your passion, spirit and love for the Lord and the life he has blessed you with.  Happy Anniversary!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment