Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter

Yesterday we celebrated Easter; Jerry, me, Kody, Jack, Jack Jr., Sharlet,Tom, and Cindy.  Kayla, Daniel, Bright, Zion, Brave, and Jubilee were missing from our table but not from our hearts. Celebrating a holiday always extenuates the fact that six members of our family live on the other side of the globe.

Jerry and I went to church.  We listened to our new Pastor speak about faith and the fact that having doubt is part of having faith, it wouldn't be faith otherwise.  "Invite Jesus into your questions and work through the doubt together," he suggested.  I know this is true, it's actually how I became a believer in Christ thirty some years ago; I opened my heart just a tiny little crack and He did all the convincing after that!  After church we finished  preparing a very tasty ham dinner with orange-glazed sweet potatoes, and mashed potatoes and gravy.  Cindy brought a salad tossed with strawberries, blackberries and spring greens and I made two banana cream pies....delicious.

After Jack and Sharlet arrived they sat at the coffee table decorating bunny-shaped cookies while Jack Sr., on his hands and knees, wiped the floor where three frosted cookies had landed face down in the first three minutes.  He wondered aloud why I had planned such an activity just before dinner.  Too busy pouring gravy from a roasting pan to answer him, I just smiled, grateful for his compulsive neatness.

After dinner Jack and JJ went downstairs to watch the basketball playoffs.  JJ yelled the score through the rafters every few minutes and Grandpa soon joined them.  Cindy and I cleaned the kitchen while  Tom and Kody, still sitting at the now empty table, discussed something they both seemed very interested in.  Jack left first, to make a timely delivery of his kids to their mother as Kody packed for a couple of days of 'trucking' and left soon afterwards. Tom and Cindy were not far behind him and  Jerry and I took a relaxing walk together. That was it...a fun day.


This is the face of the little girl we missed and yes, this moment was captured quite a few years ago, but I still love it. It's a picture of a picture, I apologize for the fuzziness.





This is the family we missed.






Here are all of our grandkids together last summer.





And these are the remnants of the bunny cookies. Cute, huh?



1 comment:

  1. Cute bunny cookies! Cute grandkids:) I don't remember that fun picture of me and Jack, nor do I remember ever being that skinny. Ha ha. Love you!

    ReplyDelete