Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Circle of Love

For the past two days I have been home with the flu.  So, since I'm not treasure hunting in second-hand stores for the lamps I need for our bedroom, or Christmas shopping at the mall, I have been spending some of my spare time listening to my thoughts.

This morning I reflected on a question Kody asked me last night. He had stopped by to unload our new stove from his truck.  Later, while enjoying a "Dad's Burrito" he asked, "Why do you still worry about us kids, Mom?  You should be enjoying yourself, these are your golden years."  I chuckled nervously and he kept looking at me like he was waiting for an answer.  I didn't have one then but today, after giving it some thought, I think I do.

Because I'm your mom.

1 comment:

  1. Great picture, Mom:) You ARE our mom, true - just as much now as then. I guess you will always worry about us, and I guess that's ok:) I didn't know you had the flu, though:( You should have told me. We are reaching the age when we will be worrying about you, too, you know;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete